On the Target


               
How many among you knows about an eagle? I mean, the quality of an eagle. You don’t have to answer, but I guess, most of you will say three things. Maybe you will say, oh, Eagles are good catcher, They have strong claws, so sharp that could cut even the thickest meat of his prey. Or maybe Eagles have sharp eyes, they could see at far distances or Eagles are accomplished precision hunter; they could easily grab their target at one flock.
Well, those are right. To tell you, I like eagles, they were at the top of the nature’s food web, they were predators. They get what they want, flying up in the sky, observing for weaker animals down in the food cycle. Weaker animals are perhaps the unlucky organisms ever existed, a living food for stronger animals. Tragedy.
But to think about it, what makes an eagle to be predator and what makes its prey a prey? simple, Eagles see the world larger than his prey. it is less about its physical built, but more on eagles ability to see larger picture of his world. A prey is always a prey for it does not learn to look up to see the world over his head, does not think that one day, he could be caught by any predator around. But eagles did. In fact, eagles know their target; they know what exactly they want. They were very keen and observant, focused and serious.
Eagles know their needs, they fly not to waste time but to do their role in the ecosystem. They were focused to their end goal, and what is their end goal; to feed their family and to live happy.
Now, let me tell you a story. In a very high cliff, lives a family of eagles with a very wide property of forest. In their belief, their territories are the places that their sharp eyes can see. Here comes an old eagle king partly balding, weaken by age and spoke very softly, tries to test his three eagle sons to take over his thrown as a king. As a leader, an eagle should possess a clear and sharp vision and as a test, the King put an apple on top of a branch of a mango tree hundreds of meters away from their cliff.
As his sons arrive, The king said, “I shall pass my thrown to one of you, and anyone from you who will surpass my test shall get my crown” and the three sons took the challenge. The king called his eldest son and asked him
 “ My son, look at our forest, what do you see?”
“Ahh, I see trees, I see mountains, rivers, I see animals, large and small. I see little birds flying, some good foods down there.” The eldest stated.
“Were that all?” Asked the father.
“Yes my father. We have a rich forest”
“Alright, you go beside me.” The father continued.
The second son take his turn.
“ My son, look at our forest, what do you see?”
“well, from here, I see rainbows of flowers blooming around our forest, trees are dancing with the wind, the river flows like a silver, and animals seems dancing under the sun”
Were that all? The father asked.
Wait, our mango farm is perfect; its fruits shine like gold.
Were that all?
“Yes my father. We have a beautiful forest” the second son stated.
The Father called his youngest son.
“My son, look at our forest, what do you see”
Our forest seems fine, its peaceful. But have you noticed that dad?
Something is wrong, I wonder why a mango tree will have an apple fruit?
The father was startled, wasn’t? really?
“Now my son, I want you to shoot that apple with an arrow for me!”
The youngest son, shoot an arrow straight to the apple and after hitting it comes the crown of the Eagle king.

Now going back,  an eagle is always an eagle. His quality doesn’t change. its claws and muscles are so strong, eyes are so sharp, it  can see the larger picture of its world. But eagles have differences as well, what is in advantage is an eagle with an ability to see the larger picture of his world but at the same time focuses on an important thing, His Target.
Why am I telling you this stuff, it is mainly because I want us to have better vision of our end goal. Our target. I want us to widen our thinking, see the world in a larger perspective. For seeing big things makes us realize the existence of significant smaller one. For instance we should not think of graduating in school, passing the LET, or being an employee in school as our goal. These are just means for attaining your end goal, smaller ones. Sharpen your eyes, envision your , end goal, perhaps what you really want is to have wisdom, happy life or travelling around the world as your end goal.
Eagles are clear with their end goal, that is to feed their family and be happy, their means are catching Preys. If eagles have already thought about it, Then how about ours?
_end_


 _ NosredJohn1992

Comments