In the Movie Hairspray, there was a song entitled " You can't stop the beat!". I totally can relate to it for i have the same feeling since i got to leave being a trainee and move on to become a "nester" who will now handle real costumers from America over the phone. I realized that there are things that you do not have any control and you just have to do your only best. I got mixed emotions of excitement and nervousness as I am going to step on the station by Wednesday this June 17. I was a "Newbie in this industry so except from the illustration and demonstration of my trainer and wavemates, all i have is a tabula rasa of the "real" work itself.
I believe that i should not bear this with me throughout my day, and though it is natural to feel this way, i want to know the things i can, might or will do to diminish this feeling of demotivation and lift up my energy.
Basically, These are the following i got based on my preference:
1. Read some inspirational quotations from the Spiritual literature or successful people.

Seeing quotations from successful people made you realize that victory is possible. You got to relate yourself with them as you know their backgrounds and perspiration before they got their spot in the sky!
Reading some passages from the Spiritual literature is greatly beneficial, you got to realize that our God is just putting us to the tests or challenges for us to build a stronger character.
2. Focus on my strengths. Focus on my positives. Focus on my success.
I got to think that my successes are obviously more than my failures, it is not even a quarter, I have to realize that I have lived my life for 22 years now, and i got many people who became inspired because of me. I have good qualities and skills that i may use in advantage. I am patient, kind, courteous, respectful, good listener, good leader, Inspiring, clever, sensual, dignified, caring and loving. I am also good at communication skills, presentations, art, sciences, computer skills, pedagogy, etc. With this, i believe i am still more than my old self, and i know that i am getting better and failures are just a little stone in it. In fact, failures highlight my success in a long run.
3. Talk to people you love- family and friends.
I remember the demonstration of a drinking glass being filled with water and when the water was full the water spill out of the glass. The same thing, i have to admit to that there are things i could not contain all by myself. There are things i have to share to people i know who could help lessen the burden.
4. Watch a nice feel-good comedy or any inspirational movie.
this really helps, you know what every night before i sleep i never failed to watch some funny videos in the internet. I love watching "Eat Bulaga" in youtube, these are replays but it never failed to make me laugh. I love watching "Just for Laughs" and sometimes i watched the most Epic one " WOW MALI|" hehehe... i mean, i just watched these videos to lighten my day. I observed that after watching these videos my mood turns bright. It helps!
5. Listen to awesome music.
I also love listening to music, before i love listening to old songs like "Tie a yellow ribbon" , "Lemon tree "and the like, this still helps me but right now, what i do like is listening to any songs that were played within our church. It was refreshing! Otherwise i choose song of good message and art.
6. Watch some inspiring TED videos.
Only few people are aware of this event. TED which means "Technology Entairtainment and Design" is a series of talks from various professional about everything. These talks are inspirational and challenging as well. I remember one time when i was feeling lonely, one of the speakers named "Kelly Mcgonigal" really inspired me a lot!
7. Go out and take a long stride.
I've been doing this for quite sometimes and i found it very effective. Going out makes you feel refreshed and detached to your stressful conditions. Hanging out especially with friends actually lessens the burden. It is perhaps, natural when we start to move our body, our own psyche follows. Our mind becomes wiser. and when we come back, we realize that some problems are not that big and we have something in our minds now to solve it.

8. Write something. Write a positive story about your situation.
This one is very useful, this might take couple of my time but when i got to finish it and read it again, there is a feeling of accomplishment that grows in my heart. having a story about myself is fulfilling to me. I like writing about my life, i love thinking of positive things which i could share to the world.
These are the things i do when i feel down, or would like to uplift my energy. Except from all of this, of course i do pray, reflect or meditate. We all need guidance and support. These are my personal reflections. To be honest, i felt quite better now...
Right after I came home, I had this few moments of silence thinking about my job, I realized that it was really challenging and i have to double up my effort to succeed. I am aware that my feelings goes down. I mean, I got this sensation of demotivation... I feel low. I am aware that my energy drops. There may be two reasons for this, saying goodbye to my wavemates in training and face the new world on the "station work" on the following days.
I believe that i should not bear this with me throughout my day, and though it is natural to feel this way, i want to know the things i can, might or will do to diminish this feeling of demotivation and lift up my energy.
Basically, These are the following i got based on my preference:
1. Read some inspirational quotations from the Spiritual literature or successful people.

"Nothing is permanent in this world, not even your troubles." -Charlie Chaplin.
Reading some passages from the Spiritual literature is greatly beneficial, you got to realize that our God is just putting us to the tests or challenges for us to build a stronger character.
2. Focus on my strengths. Focus on my positives. Focus on my success.
I got to think that my successes are obviously more than my failures, it is not even a quarter, I have to realize that I have lived my life for 22 years now, and i got many people who became inspired because of me. I have good qualities and skills that i may use in advantage. I am patient, kind, courteous, respectful, good listener, good leader, Inspiring, clever, sensual, dignified, caring and loving. I am also good at communication skills, presentations, art, sciences, computer skills, pedagogy, etc. With this, i believe i am still more than my old self, and i know that i am getting better and failures are just a little stone in it. In fact, failures highlight my success in a long run.3. Talk to people you love- family and friends.
I remember the demonstration of a drinking glass being filled with water and when the water was full the water spill out of the glass. The same thing, i have to admit to that there are things i could not contain all by myself. There are things i have to share to people i know who could help lessen the burden.
Sometimes, even others could not help me out, it is OK, the moment that they lend me their ears make me realize that I am not alone and there is someone who is willing to hear my Wonderful challenging story.
4. Watch a nice feel-good comedy or any inspirational movie.
this really helps, you know what every night before i sleep i never failed to watch some funny videos in the internet. I love watching "Eat Bulaga" in youtube, these are replays but it never failed to make me laugh. I love watching "Just for Laughs" and sometimes i watched the most Epic one " WOW MALI|" hehehe... i mean, i just watched these videos to lighten my day. I observed that after watching these videos my mood turns bright. It helps!
5. Listen to awesome music.
I also love listening to music, before i love listening to old songs like "Tie a yellow ribbon" , "Lemon tree "and the like, this still helps me but right now, what i do like is listening to any songs that were played within our church. It was refreshing! Otherwise i choose song of good message and art.
"Try to listen with this song, One we just sang in the church last Sunday."
6. Watch some inspiring TED videos.
Only few people are aware of this event. TED which means "Technology Entairtainment and Design" is a series of talks from various professional about everything. These talks are inspirational and challenging as well. I remember one time when i was feeling lonely, one of the speakers named "Kelly Mcgonigal" really inspired me a lot!
7. Go out and take a long stride.
I've been doing this for quite sometimes and i found it very effective. Going out makes you feel refreshed and detached to your stressful conditions. Hanging out especially with friends actually lessens the burden. It is perhaps, natural when we start to move our body, our own psyche follows. Our mind becomes wiser. and when we come back, we realize that some problems are not that big and we have something in our minds now to solve it.

This picture was taken at the peak of Mount Batulao this year with my friends and workmates. Going up there was really challenging but having been there at the peak leaves a great smile on my face.
8. Write something. Write a positive story about your situation.
This one is very useful, this might take couple of my time but when i got to finish it and read it again, there is a feeling of accomplishment that grows in my heart. having a story about myself is fulfilling to me. I like writing about my life, i love thinking of positive things which i could share to the world.
One of my spiritual adviser said that our life is like creating a book. we are the ones creating it, whether it is thin or thick, the most important is for us "not to lose our testimony". Always write about your learnings, about your reflections, about your insights. These are the ones which are worthy to read on. In the future, others will choose our book and learn from it.
These are the things i do when i feel down, or would like to uplift my energy. Except from all of this, of course i do pray, reflect or meditate. We all need guidance and support. These are my personal reflections. To be honest, i felt quite better now...

Comments
Post a Comment